The TOCSIN⁴ Cockpit Monitor is an advanced single gas detector specifically designed for the cockpit. Confined spaces in aircraft carriers can become a significant risk if oxygen levels are altered and CO is present. Oxygen-deficient and enriched areas create combustible domains, specifically in confined spaces. Implementing use of trusted personal gas detection instruments within the aircraft ensures continuous safety for pilots.
When selecting a cockpit monitor, it’s important to choose one designed specifically for aviation. Most home CO detectors don't alert pilots to dangerous levels of CO quickly enough and/or with alarms that are at a level loud enough to be heard over noisy engines. The TOCSIN⁴ Cockpit Monitor, however, solves both problems—it combines a rugged design and reliability with advanced sensor resolution, plus three different alert modes. Advanced micro-processing capabilities allow for quick unit configuration adjustments. Large backlit screen displays CO level in parts per million (ppm).
- Alerts the pilot to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in the cabin
- Three alarm modes: audible, visual, and vibration
- User-adjustable preset alarm points
- Display screen continuously shows ambient air CO levels in PPM
- Impact, dust, and water resistant (IP-67)
- Replaceable rubber covering for shock protection
- Alligator clip with 360° rotation
- Continuous operation for up to 9,000 hours
- 3 year sensor life; field replaceable sensors and filters
- Intrinsically safe, ATEX and C / US approvals
Otis Instruments’ TOCSIN⁴ Cockpit Monitor features a highly accurate user-replaceable electrochemical sensor, is powered by two AAA size alkaline batteries, measures 2.1" W x 2.6" H x 0.9" D, and weighs only 2.8 ounces.